Instructions: Find an old family photo to restore (or a photo of a place that is special to you), enhance the photo with at least five to seven different elements that you’ve learned, and create a magazine cover page using the photos with some creative ideas behind it. Utilize at least one other photo for a background. You will upload three photos minimum, the original family photo, background photo and the final cover page.
Once this is completed, you will complete a minimum of a two-page write up (minimum of 500-750 words, not including Title Page or Reference Page): 12 font Times New Roman, double spaced paper in APA Style format, using at least two references to describe the following: Submit your paper in Word format only.
- Purpose of the magazine. You must identify a valid purpose as if this magazine will be published for the public.
- Identify five to seven tools used and any challenges encountered.
- Describe the layers applied and why selected.
- Examine the differences, the benefits and the limitations of the different image file types.
- Discuss the purpose and usage of smart objects, layers and vectors in editing, also differentiate between a raster image and a vector image; also detail the layer concepts of hiding, linking, and setting layer styles.
- Outline the different processes to enhance images including sharpness, color, contrast, hue, brightness and resolution.
- Evaluate the image processing capabilities such as feathering, filtering and burning.
- Describe the process for performing advanced selection using masks, channels, refine edge, and defringing.
- Detail the capabilities of Adobe Photoshop as a tool for editing and restoring digital images, also describe the process for enhance digital images by manipulating sharpness, color, contrast, hue, brightness and resolution.